What types of permits are required for construction within the City?

Homeowners and/or contractors are required to purchase building, plumbing, mechanical (heating/air conditioning) and electrical permits through City Hall.  Costs of the permits vary depending on the size of the project.  Homeowners are permitted to perform building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing work on the structure in which they reside, otherwise all other construction work must be performed by a contractor licensed and insured with the City of Iowa Park.