During the regular meeting of the City Council of Iowa Park on January 23, 2023, Council approved , Ordinance 1382 implementing stage one drought watch.
City of Iowa Park Stage One Drought Watch Restrictions (approved by City Council January 23, 2023)
- Promptly repair all controllable leaks including broken sprinkler heads, broken pipes or leaking valves.
- New irrigation systems must be designed by licensed professionals to conserve water.
- Landscaped areas may only be irrigated between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. three days per week:
- South of Loop 370/Old Iowa Park Highway only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
- North of Loop 370/Old Iowa Park Highway but south of U.S. Highway 287 North only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays; and
- North of U.S. Highway 287 North only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Landscape watering is permitted any time with a handheld hose that is equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle, soaker hose, bucket, watering can, bubbler or drip irrigation system.
- Do not wash any vehicle unless the hose has a positive shut-off nozzle that stops the flow of water upon release.
- Do not wash sidewalks, driveways or parking lots except to alleviate immediate health or fire hazards.
- Do not add potable water to architectural features except on Tuesdays and Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Do not fill, refill or add potable water to pools, spas or Jacuzzis except on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays between 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight.
To read the complete ordinance, please click on Ordinance 1382.