parks recreation - faqs

Can you reserve pavilions for parties? How much does it cost?

Yes, you can reserve park pavilions for parties. There is no cost for reservations. All pavilions are on a first come, first serve basis unless it has been reserved. Contact City Hall for information or to make a reservation at (940)592-2131.

Can you swim at Gordon Lake?

No swimming allowed.

Can you take a boat on Gordon Lake?

Yes, you can take a non-combustible engine boat or tube on Gordon Lake.

Do all the City lakes have the same bag and length limits for fishing?

Yes, all abide by the Texas Parks and Wildlife rules and regulations.

Do you have to have a fishing license to fish at Gordon Lake?

Yes, you have to have a valid Texas State Fishing License to fish all of the City lakes.

Does the Parks and Recreation Department offer any youth programs?

Yes, we have an annual Fish Fest event held on the first Saturday in October. This event is free for children ages 16 and under. The purpose is to get children interested in outdoor activities. Hot dogs and drinks are provided by the Iowa Park and Red River Optimist Clubs at no charge to participants and their families. Trophies and prizes are given out for different classes.

The City offers practice fields in most of the parks for local teams to use.  The fields are first come first serve, however the 2 fields on Bell Rd must be reserved through city hall 592-2131.

Other youth programs in Iowa Park are:
Iowa Park Little League 592-1898
Iowa Park Kid Football
Iowa Park Optimist Club Gym (Basketball in the fall and Girls Volleyball in the spring)  592-0030