police - faqs

Am I required to register my pet? If so, how do I register my pet?

Yes, you are required by Iowa Park City Ordinance to register your pets. Dogs and cats can be registered 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with the Animal Control Officer. Bring proof of Rabies vaccination and $4.00 per animal fee.

Can I have Officers patrol around my residence while I am on vacation?

Yes, officers will patrol around your residence, time permitting at your request, while you are away, or if you have ongoing circumstances at your residence that may require extra attention. See Forms/Downloads section, you can print and complete Close Patrol form there and return to the Police Department or you can obtain a from from the Police Department.

How do I get an Alarm Permit?

Please see Alarm Permit section, print form or obtain on from the Police Department, complete, and return with applicable fee(stated on form) and return to the Police Department.

How do I register my bicycle?

Bring you bicycle to the Police Department and an Officer will register you bicycle. You can print the Bicycle Registration Form, complete it, and bring it with out to the Police Department. Forms are also available at the PD.

How do I report a crime?

The Police Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can come to the Police Department and speak directly to an Officer. You can call the non-emergency line at (940)592-2181. If the crime is in progress, or in the case of fire or injury please call 911.

I filed a police report, can I check the status of my case?

Yes, you can call the Police Department and speak to an Officer or the Criminal Investigations Lieutenant about the status of you case.

If I want to file a complaint about something I witnessed, what do I do?

You can print out a Municipal Court Packet from the Forms/Downloads menu or you can obtain one from the Police Department, complete it and turn it in to the Court Clerk at City Hall.

What is Operation Good Morning?

Operation Good Morning is a program designed to check on local elderly and shut ins. Participants are called daily to make sure they are okay.

What is the process for filing complaints which include Bias Profiling?

Please go to Forms/Downloads and click on Complaint Process. This article will answer the process for filing a complaint against a Police Officer. It will also detail the process to commend a Police Employee, including civilian employees.

When is it appropriate to use 911?

Anytime you witness a crime in progress, if you or someone else is in immediate danger, fire, or medical assistance is needed.

Where do my 911 calls get answered?

Calls made in Iowa Park from a land line are answered by Iowa Park Dispatchers. If the call is made from a cell phone, it may be answered by Wichita County Dispatchers who will transfer the call to Iowa Park Dispatchers.

How do I get a copy of an Accident Report?

You can print out an Accident Report Request Form from the Forms/Downloads menu, or obtain on from the Police Department, complete it and bring it to the Dispatcher with the $4.00 fee. If the Accident Report is complete, it will be given to you.